Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Period Comedy..A Good One

Unnatural Fire: A Countess Ashby De LA Zouche Mystery Unnatural Fire: A Countess Ashby De LA Zouche Mystery by Fidelis Morgan


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
A former mistress of King Charles II, fallen on hard times, is forced to become a hack for a local Scandal Sheet,,in cahoots with her former Maid...they are given a "case" to follow a supposedly Errant Husband..and
The Games Begin..

And here is where i give my Warning:
This book is a wonderful Comedy of Manners..a Satire..Slapstick Glorious...surrounding a not-bad Mystery...Ms Morgan is an expert in Restoration Comedy..and it shows...I loved this book for the Comedy (I needed a good laugh)..but the Mystery isn't/wasn't bad

Don't be mislead by the Mystery Tag...read this book if you enjoy a good story..if you like good period pieces..if you are CURIOUS...you will not be disappointed.

2 comments:

Harvee said...

Comedy of manners and satire appeal to me, just as much as the mystery genre! Sound like a fun book.
Harvee
Book Dilettante

Donna said...

This sounds great! Another for my TBR list!